Yena has been a member of BDO Junior Savers Club since last year. I see to it that any amount of money her godparents and relatives gave her are deposited to her account. Now she also has a piggy bank that she religiously fill up every time someone gave her some coins.
And since BDO is the nearest bank to where i work (not to mention they have a number of branches every where!!), i guess i will open the same savings account for my second daughter Yani one of these days.
If you're also planning to open a BDO Junior Savers Club for your kids, here are the requirements:
- 2 valid IDs of Parent/s or Guardian
- 1×1 ID picture of the Parent/s or Guardian and Child
- Original and Photocopy of Child’s Birth Certificate
- Initial deposit requirement - PHP 500.00
- Minimum monthly maintaining balance - PHP 100.00
- Minimum balance to earn interest - PHP 500.00
BDO Junior Savers Club is an exclusive savings account for children 12 years old and below, it has fixed interest rate of 0.500% per annum. The savings account is available with specially-designed passbook and shopping card which can be used in all SM Department Stores and affiliate establishments.
Kids 8 years and above can already get their own ATM card and for kids 6 years and below will have a Junior Savers Club ID card.