Friday, August 28, 2009

Mommy Moments - What's in a Name?

mommy moments

Since Mommy Chris told me its the theme for this week's mommy moments, all i have to do is add the badge and the picture :) weeeh!

Now let me tell you the story on how my daughter yena got her name: YELENA HAYDEN. If you frequent my other blogs you might have known the reason behind, but if you're new and would like to know. Read along :)

My husband is fond of watching greek mythology. His favorite of course is Helen of Troy, the face that launch a thousand ships. So he wanted his first born to have a greek myth background. So as soon as we both learned that our baby is a girl, we decided on naming her HELEN. I found it so ordinary and i wanted it to be somehow different so i made it YELENA. It sounds russian, i know! :) HAYDEN came from Hayden Panettiere of the Hero's star. The usual cheerleader who captured my attention. I love her beauty!

So there! That's the story on how i got my daughter's name. But now expectant mothers have another tool to help them decide on what to name their child. The Baby Name Wizard is a website based on the book, “The Baby Name Wizard” by Laura Wattenberg. I already bookmark the site, we are planning for yena's little playmate next year! The tool will be very useful! Weeeh
And here's my little angel last night! It was hard capturing her now coz every time i asked for a pose she would say her favorite word time and time again with her pouting lips- - AYAW! :)

Advertise with my Blog

9 comments:

Chris August 25, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

this is the theme for mommy moments on friday! :D

Tetcha August 28, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

I love Yelena, Niko, and her nickname, too.

sweet_shelo August 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

wow love her name.. Yelena is so nice to hear.. nice meanings too..

Yami August 28, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Yelena is a fine name for a girl. :-)

JLaine August 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Wow! thanks why pala your baby is so beautiful coz both her names has to do with beauty..:)

Lalaine's World
From Asia and Beyond
Day to Day Miracles
Trying to be Fit
Not a Shopaholic

Chubskulit Rose August 29, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

Lovely! I love Yelena the best mare, sounds russian nga hehehe..

Mine is at etcetera blog..

S-H-Y August 29, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Nko ang cute tlga ni Yena :P..

Seiko August 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

Finally nakita ko rin ang MM mo Mare!Dito ko lang pala makikita,I'll add this too into mine ;D
I like the name Yelena too!Unique & sweet parang ang sarap sarap bigkasin.:D

Zephyr Girl August 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Hi,
i just visited your blog, its really wonderful. If we work together, we have a wonderful opportunity for you to make money with your blog. If you are interested please do reply. I will be happy to explain. Its a lot of fun and its not a lot of work either. So please do reply

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP