Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kid’s Fear of Clowns

I noticed that for the birthday parties we had attended with my nieces and nephews, I heard loud cries and wails rather than laughter when the clowns started their show. I know, kids find it weird to see a man with a lot of makeup on. Clowns look like monster to them, it isn’t funny at all.I remember when Yena and I attended my friend’s son’s first birthday, yena kept on fidgeting and tugging my shirt down all the while since the clown turn up. I knew then she is afraid of a clown but I kept on telling her that the clown is also human – it’s just a man. I guess she understood coz after explaining and whispering to her that the clown won’t harm she looked relieved and smiled.

Some called this fear of anything or being a coward as quakebuttock. But I won’t apply it to kids who has fear of clowns. I might call someone quakebuttock when they are old enough to know what’s the difference between reality and tales. Forty years old and afraid of clowns? I might call her/him quakebuttock. But then again that’s just me.

2 comments:

Rossel July 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

there were clowns on our daughter's 1st bday and she was crying until the party was finished. nakakaawa.

so the next time we attended a party with clowns, pinanood ko sya habang nagme-make up ang clown kaya nawala takot nya.

Chris July 18, 2009 at 12:27 AM  

i dont like clowns myself.. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP